Position: Research and Development Internship
Location: Coplay, PA
Sports Info Solutions is looking for candidates to fill a paid internship in their R&D Department. They will work either remotely or out of the SIS office near Allentown, PA, and will assist their R&D team, supporting football and baseball research for publications and future products. Past R&D interns have continued to become full-time members of the SIS staff or have moved on to internships and full-time jobs with professional sports teams.
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal football and baseball databases as well as other notable data sets, e.g. Statcast, NextGen.
- Provide support for articles and research pieces to be featured in publications such as The Bill James Handbook, the Sharp Football Analysis, and Stat of the Week, among other prominent sports outlets.
- Assist in developing reports that make SIS’s data offerings more accessible to clients.
- Help respond to requests for information made by clients and/or members of the media.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for football and/or baseball. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary baseball/football/sports analytics and research
- Analytical/Mathematical ability
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with other statistical packages (e.g. R), programming languages (e.g. Python, .NET), and/or graphical visualizations (e.g. Tableau) would be a plus.
This job’s scheduled start date is September 1, 2021.
Follow this link to submit your application.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SIS is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by Sports Info Solutions.